Morning dear. It is finally the end of an extremely long month and I am thankful to God that I made it through and hope you are too. Being grateful is essential for your soul. And I believe that any time is good to just whisper a THANK YOU to the Almighty even for the minutest of things and even when everything seems to be falling apart.
This morning I have plenty to be grateful for and one of them is the love you guys have shown me through this series FACIALS X MASKS. The comments and questions you have left for me on various platforms has been encouraging and left me pumped for days. Thank You Thank You Thank You. Today’s post is the last part of it unfortunately but I have more exciting things coming your way. So hang in there and be patient. In case you missed all the fun from the last three posts you can now read them here, here and here.
If my memory serves me correct, the turmeric facial mask was the first ever home made mask that I learnt from my cousin years ago. I love it so much that I treat myself to it very often. The most memorable time was forcing my boyfriend sometime back to try it with me and he loved the results.
- Flour (wheat)
Easy steps to follow
1. Mix flour (if leaving in Kenya use the chapati one), tumeric, honey and milk to make a paste.
(2 teaspoons of flour, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 3 tablespoons of milk and a few drops of honey)
2. Ensure that you achieve a thick consistent paste for it to be effective.
3. Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry 4-20 minutes.
4. Rinse off with water by scrubbing gently.
5. Apply favourite moisturiser
Photography by Jonas
Benefits of milk on skin
- It is awesome for getting a better complexion since it makes your skin clean and fair.
- It retains the moisture on your skin through out the day.
- Your skin becomes radiant and has a natural glow.
- Using sour milk or sour cream is very effective in shrinking your pores.
- Red spots are lightened, allergic reactions are reduced, and wounds are easily healed using milk.
Benefits of turmeric on skin
- Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of ageing.
- It gets rid of wrinkles and dark circles.
- Turmeric takes care of the scars and inflammation caused by acne while also reducing oil secretion by sebaceous glands. So for this acne cure add a few drops of fresh lemon juice to the turmeric powder and apply for a few minutes or dab a mixture of turmeric and plain water and leave it on the marks for 15 minutes.
- It is is beneficial for oily skin as it regulates the production of sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands.
- It removes dead cells.
Benefits of honey on skin
- Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down ageing.
- It is extremely moisturising and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
- Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
- Honey is said to lighten skin, and its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds help to decrease the appearances of scars and increase healing and tissue regeneration.
- It contains powerful anti-inflammatories to calm burned skin and aid recovery.
Will it stain your face?
Surprisingly, the turmeric face mask does not stain (turn your face yellow or orange). But I definitely recommend you apply thin layer, the more you pile on the greater your chances of staining, especially on your neck where skin is thinner. The first time I tried a mask with turmeric it stained my hands and it was not pretty. So what I do now is wrap my entire right hand (because I am right handed) in a polythene paper then scoop the mask and apply. this leaves zero chances of staining.
This is the post I promised you for in this post. This turmeric face mask is ideal for all skin types including the oily kind. .
I hope you enjoy this post as much as I did preparing for it and the rest of the posts in this series. Leave a comment below if you have any questions, remarks, your experiences with the masks and even home made facials you would like me to try out.
I wish you all a blessed and peaceful new month.
Thank you for stopping by Love.