Hey hey hey people. I know I know…I really have been poor with posting consistently. I had exams last week and that got in the way of completing the THE FACIALS X MASKS SERIES which I had intentions of completing by now, and once I was done I just got plain lazy and I am sorry guys. Hope you will enjoy the next two posts, so much so you will forgive me for taking forever. In case you have not read the first two posts of the series you can check the 1st part here and the second part here.
Before I let you know what this mask entails, I just have to confess one little thing. I had read about this combination before but I had never tried it until the day of the shoot. Jonas (my cousin, bff and photographer) and I decided it was best to try it before I posted it. And to be honest I am grateful we did, because now I can confidently share this post with you. Once I had done the face mask my skin felt so glorious as though it had died and gone to heaven.Remember the first post when I talked a little about using the available resources? Well, we can also go a step further and use what we have for various purposes.
Coffee can be used for so many things but most of us know the most obvious one which is coffee intake to kick start the day. Today I am going to share with you how we can use it for beauty as a face mask and I hope you will try it.
- Mixing Bowl
- Tea spoon and Table spoon
Easy steps to follow
- Take 3 table spoons and pour into mixing bowl.
- Pour your milk slowly into mixing bowl as you mix with your tea spoon. Try not to add too much so as not to have your mixture thin.
- Once you are done mixing, you should have a clumps free mixture which is thick and consistent like the picture below.
- Massage the coffee mixture slowly onto skin without scrubbing on face and allow it to dry.
- After it has dried, wash it out with cold water, gently scrubbing to exfoliate the dead skin from the face.
- Pat dry the face gently and apply your moisturiser when face is still damp so as to trap moisture.
Photography by Jonas
Benefits of coffee on skin
- It exfoliates the skin. Rubbing the grounds on your skin will remove dead skin cells and leave you with smoother skin. You can also use olive oil if you do not want to use milk.
- It reduces eye puffiness. Caffeine, when applied topically to the skin, constricts the blood vessels under the skin and help reduce swelling and puffy eyes. It is recommended to use eye cream that has caffeine as an active ingredient.
- It tightens the skin and on the body it can also be used to banish cellulite. How cool….
- Coffee brightens the skin. Dark grinds of coffee beans can be used to brighten up dull skin.
- It is ideally a natural and inexpensive home made face/body scrub.
Benefits of milk on skin
- It is awesome for getting a better complexion since it makes your skin clean and fair.
- It retains the moisture on your skin through out the day.
- Your skin becomes radiant and has a natural glow.
- Using sour milk or sour cream is very effective in shrinking your pores.
- Red spots are lightened, allergic reactions are reduced, and wounds are easily healed using milk.
The Coffee and Milk face mask is best tried in the morning. This is actually great because you get to start your day with the beautiful scent of awakening coffee on you accompanied with a sun-kissed glow.
The lighting was quite a challenge so forgive us for not sharing our actual faces during the process but all in all I am sure you are more enlightened.
For those who tried the first two facials and even sent me pictures of them actually doing the facials at home, you made me so happy, be blessed.
Thank you for stopping by and have an amazing weekend!!!