The resources we are able to tap into as individuals or groups always have possibilities and opportunities to be explored. As much as economics teaches us that resources are scarce, it is up to us to figure out that it is also our responsibility to use what God placed at our disposal instead of mopping around , making excuses and letting them waste away. This kind of thinking however is not shared by everyone, and some of the elements that influence a person’s attitude with regards to this may include; where they come from, who they associate themselves with, what and who they are exposed to, who their associates are and most importantly if they are possess the willingness to be uncomfortable to make changes.
Before I begin to digress I would like to share with you the purpose of this fun and exciting post I prepared JUST FOR YOU 🙂
The series FACIALS X MASKS is in four parts where each part has a unique face mask or facial cleanser that you could easily make in the comfort of your own kitchen and is very cost effective. So if you are on a budget or/and are a fan of DIYs especially when it comes to beauty, you are in the right place my friend.
That said, I will finally let you in on an amazing treasure I stumbled upon on the free people blog some time back, THE RICE WATER CLEANSER. Being the most simplest cleanser I have ever made, I must admit that it has to be one of the best cleansers I have tried in terms of DIY and having an immediate effect.
When I first discovered this cleansing method the first thing that came to mind was “really??? rice water for cleansing??….awwwwesome!” In short I was super thrilled all I could do is think of how soon I could do it ( I hope that is what you are thinking as well). Below are what you require for this cleanser, steps and its advantages. ENJOY!!!!
Photography by Jonas
Steps to follow
- Rinse half a cup of rice for dirt removal
- Place rice in bowl, cover with water and let it sit for 15 minutes. During this time excess vitamins and minerals will seep into the water, creating this beautiful natural cleanser for your skin.
- Drain rice after the 15 minutes and catch water in a clean bowl.
- Splash some onto your face and gently massage into skin for about a minute before rinsing with cold water (optional)
- Rice is rich in a complex of Vitamin B called the inositol that promotes cell growth, slows down the aging process and stimulates blood flow.
- In addition to that it also contains vitamins C and E as well as minerals which together can shrink pores, tighten, brighten and soften skin.
- It can work as a toner if you wash your face, soak a cotton pad in the rice water and apply it all over.
- It Rejuvenates the skin and leaves your skin feeling youthful.
- When left on skin, it is believed to give slight sunblock.
- Rice water is also high in antioxidant and moisturizing properties, along with the ability to bind to naturally occurring copper in the skin, thereby preventing the formation of melanin formation (hyper-pigmentation) and age spots.
Guess what more this magic water can be used for too??? FOR HAIR REPAIRING TREATMENT!!! Can you believe that? It strengthens broken hair shafts with its protein, and additionally smoothens the hair and leaves it shiny.
You can store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a few days-no more than 5 days.
I really did not like the smell of the water. So I have a suggestion, if we share the same sentiments it is best you wash it out if you are not staying indoors but if you are not leaving the house you can choose not to and stay with it on instead.
Second part of the series will be out next week so be on the look out for it.Hope you enjoyed the post, found it beneficial and you are willing to try it out and let me know how your experience was.
Thank you for stopping by!!!